Seasoned softwood logs
- Our quickest growing, easiest to burn, and cheapest logs.
- Dried by the power of the wind and sun in our log yard.
- Locally grown wood for a much lower carbon footprint
- Every order is Logwise Quality Assured
We also recommend
Benefits of softwood
- Dried by the sun and wind in our log yard on the foothills of Nidderdale.
- Because softwood grows quickly, plantations reach maturity sooner than other wood types, meaning this is the most sustainable and cheapest wood we sell.
- This wood will burn more quickly and easily than other types of wood.
Minimal carbon footprint
- Our wood is sourced locally from well-managed sustainable woodland in Yorkshire, with the majority of our softwood being grown less than 3 miles from our log yard.
- We use locally sourced and recycled or recyclable packaging.
- We build our crates by hand on our premises, from reused pallets and locally sourced softwood.
- Our plastic packaging is recycled polythene, sourced and printed in the UK.
- No fuel is used in the drying process for these logs: only the sun and the wind!
- Sustainability is a core value of our business; as a result we have independently planted over 500,00 trees. We also donate the Woodland Trust’s ongoing woodland management projects.
- The Logwise Quality Assured scheme provides full information on the types of wood and the woodland the timber came from with each order, along with the processing and packaging timeline.
- Well suited to wood burning stoves, BBQs and chimeneas
- We use mosquito net bags with vented sides, the most efficient way to store such logs while keeping them clean.
- We recommend storing these logs in a wood store, garage, or shed.
- Our logs are cut to 23 cm length, then split to 5-15 cm (+/- 5%)
- Our large softwood logs are cut to lengths of 30 – 45 cm