Seasoned hardwood Logs
- A mixture of ash, beech, birch, hornbeam, oak, and sycamore.
- Naturally dried by the sun and wind in our logyard.
- Locally grown wood for a much lower carbon footprint
- Every order is Logwise Quality Assured
We also recommend
Benefits of hardwood
- Dried naturally by the power of the wind and sun.
- Burns slowly, for a slow and steady heat output.
- Stored in loose filling vented bags, stacked outdoors to allow full wind circulation.
Minimal carbon footprint
- We source our wood locally from FSC managed sustainable woodland in Yorkshire, no more than 75 miles from our farm.
- Locally sourced packaging which is recycled or recyclable.
- We reuse pallets and locally sourced softwood to make our crates, which are built by hand on our premises.
- Our plastic packaging is recycled polythene, sourced and printed in the UK.
- Our hardwood logs are dried by the power of nature, meaning no wood is burned in the drying process.
- We believe firmly in sustainability, and it is a cornerstone of our business. As such, we have planted over 500,00 trees, and we donate to ongoing Woodland Trust woodland management projects.
- The Logwise Quality Assured scheme provides full information on the types of wood and the woodland the timber came from with each order, along with the processing and packaging timeline.
- Our hardwood logs are suitable for stoves, fireplaces and open fires.
- Our large hardwood logs are suitable for large stoves and biomass boilers.
- These logs will be delivered in mosquito net bags with vented sides: the most efficient way to store such logs while keeping them clean.
- We recommend storing these logs in a wood store, garage, or shed.
- Our logs are cut to 23 cm length, then split to 5-15 cm (+/- 5%)
- We offer large hardwood logs, cut to 30 – 45 cm in length.
- We also offer smaller logs, cut to lengths of a maximum of 20 cm