Kiln dried softwood logs – local
- Special discount price for our local customers
- The driest logs we produce
- Our most environmentally friendly logs!
- Cheaper than hardwood and easier to burn
- Perfect for multi-fuel and wood burning stoves
We also recommend
Benefits of Logwise Local: Cheaper firewood if you in live in the LS, HG, or BD postcode areas, or if you live in YO7, YO23, YO24, YO26, YO30, YO51 or YO61!
Benefits of kiln dried wood
- Dried in a fully controlled environment.
- Average moisture content below 20% ensures a clean, efficient burn. These logs will burn for longest and with the maximum heat output, meaning fewer logs are required.
- No soot or tar build-up means few stains in your stove.
- Low level of wood sap means these logs will not spit.
Minimal carbon footprint
- Our wood is sourced locally from well-managed sustainable woodland in Yorkshire.
- Our packaging is locally sourced and recycled or recyclable .
- Our crates are made from reused pallets, and locally sourced softwood then built by hand on our premises.
- Our plastic packaging is recycled polythene, sourced and printed in the UK.
- Our kiln dried logs are dried in a biomass kiln, powered by the wood waste from our site.
- To demonstrate our belief in sustainability we have independently planted over 500,00 trees, and we donate to ongoing woodland management through the Woodland Trust.
- The Logwise Quality Assured scheme provides full information on the types of wood and the woodland the timber came from with each order, along with the processing and packaging timeline.
- A clean burn means these logs are suitable for stoves, chimineas and wood-fired ovens
- Our logs are cut to 23cm length, then split to 5-15cm (+/- 5%)