Our briquette heat logs are made from compressed kiln dried hardwood shavings. They are an eco-friendly replacement for coal. The shavings we use are a waste product from a local carpentry workshop, consequently they are very environmentally friendly.
They produce a natural, clean and efficient high-heat output.
They are 100% wood shavings – no synthetic binding product is used. This means they produce very little smoke therefore providing a clean burn with very little ash. Because they are compressed to a greater density than wood logs they have a higher relative heat value, as a result they last longer and burn hotter. In simpler terms, they are more efficient than wood logs.
Perfect for all stoves, fires, pizza ovens, chimaeras and BBQs.
All briquette logs are 5cm in diameter and vary in length but are usually 5-15 cm long
Why use briquettes instead of coal? What are their advantages?
Here are 7 good reasons to consider using briquettes on your stove or fire.
- Density. Since briquettes are created from compressing combustible materials, they are denser, harder, and more compact. They have high specific density of 1200kg/m3 compared to 800-929kg/m3 of anthracite coal. Thus, they offer a more concentrated form of energy.
- Slow-burning. The compression process allows the briquettes to burn for a long time.
- More efficient. The low moisture content and high density of the briquettes increase their heating value. Briquettes can relatively produce more intense heat than other fuel, for example they have a higher practical thermal value than coal.
- Low ash content. This is one of briquettes strongest attributes, having a much lower ash content (2-10% compare to 20-40% in coal) means there is less ash to clean in your stove of fireplace. This greater efficiency can be attributed to their low moisture and density.
- Clean. This is a unique property of briquettes. Using them creates very little smoke, soot, or carbon deposits. Because the base material is hardwood shavings, typically oak, they produce little fly ash. Furthermore, briquettes do not emit gases or any toxic chemicals such as sulphur.
- Eco-friendly. Our briquettes are made from shavings which are a by-product of making furniture in a local carpentry workshop. This means when you burn our briquettes you are burning a product that would have gone into a waste collection system and eventually become landfill or burnt in a waste incinerator. A process that uses energy and fossil fuels.
- Easily stored. They are clean to handle plus the size and shape of briquettes make them easy to store. The cylindrical blocks stack neatly in a standard log basket or box.