Benefits of kiln dried wood
- Dried in a fully controlled environment.
- Average moisture content below 20% ensures a clean, efficient burn. These logs will burn for longest and with the maximum heat output, meaning fewer logs are required.
- No soot or tar build-up means few stains in your stove.
- Low level of wood sap means these logs will not spit.
Minimal carbon footprint
- Our wood is sourced locally from well-managed sustainable woodland in Yorkshire.
- Our packaging is locally sourced and recycled or recyclable .
- Our crates are made from reused pallets, and locally sourced softwood then built by hand on our premises.
- Our plastic packaging is recycled polythene, sourced and printed in the UK.
- Our kiln dried logs are dried in a biomass kiln, powered by the wood waste from our site.
- To demonstrate our belief in sustainability we have independently planted over 500,00 trees, and we donate to ongoing woodland management through the Woodland Trust.
- The Logwise Quality Assured scheme provides full information on the types of wood and the woodland the timber came from with each order, along with the processing and packaging timeline.
- A clean burn means these logs are suitable for stoves, chimineas and wood-fired ovens
- Our logs are cut to 23cm length, then split to 5-15cm (+/- 5%)